More than 155 years of Bornemann in Lower Saxony

The root of the locksmithery dynasty of Bornemann can be ascribed to the year of 1785, when blacksmith Bernhard Theodor Bornemann acquires a residential house in Obernkirchen, together with a workshop which still remains today (Lange Straße 32).

In the following years, additional buildings were bought or built, until in 1991 the need of room became so big that Obernkirchen removed the company to Gelldorf.

In the industrial park "Industriestraße", a new building was set up in 1990, where today more than 400 staff members obtain a world-wide turnover of 95 million Euro.